BSc (Hons) Bachelor of Science with Honours
A Bachelor of Science is referred to as a BSc and BSc (Hons). In the UK, except Scotland, an honours degree is completed over a three-year period. It represents a considerable investment of time and money, but nevertheless provides substantial opportunities in the modern world.
In Britain and Ireland, as in the United States and Canada, a Bachelor of Science is typically awarded upon the successful completion of an undergraduate programme in one or more fields of the sciences. The completion period for the degree varies according to the nature of study, as, for example, on-line study than direct study at a university.
As with the BA, t he top students are awarded a First Class degree, the next best, an Upper Second class degree (usually referred to as a 2:1), followed by a lower second class degree (usually referred to as a 2:2), while those with the lowest acceptable marks gain a Third Class degree
The Bachelor of Science with Honours degree comprises one full-time year of coursework that includes a research component. Students are admitted to the BSc (Hons) programme following the completion of a Bachelor of Science degree with a high level of achievement in their subject area.
Key features of the course:
- Programme provides students with the opportunity to pursue an independent research project in an area of interest.
- A Bachelor of Science is central to an understanding of business, markets, trade, international issues, globalisation, development, and the environment.
- To develop advanced theoretical and research skills and in so doing to provide a platform for an advanced professional or academic career.
- Students focus on one main field of study, maintaining a higher standard of academic achievement than those in a Bachelor of Science (BSc) General or Specialization programme.
- Equips the student with the opportunity to integrate previous acquired knowledge from the student’s undergraduate degree with advanced studies in a specialised field while also working on an exciting piece of original research.
- GCE A levels, IB, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, and Cambridge Pre-U Diploma. Higher secondary Certificate.
- All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS (UKVI) of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5
- Art and Design
- Animation & Illustration
- Built Environment
- Business and Management
- Dance, Drama and Music
- Education & Learning
- Graphic Design & Photography
- Health and Social care
- Journalism and PR
- Nursing and Caring Professions
- Media, Film and Cultural Study
- Music and Theatre
- Social Science
- Tourism and Hospitality
Starting: January-April / June-August / October-November
Duration: 36 Months full-time.