Master of Philosophy-MPhil
An MPhil is a way of testing whether postgraduate research suits them and a shorter research degree which is completed to the same quality as a PhD. If it does, Students will be can often transfer to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and continue to research and also to learn alongside other candidates, building up a network of potential collaborators in research projects. At the same time, they are excellent opportunities to develop student critical skills and high-level thinking.
Why choose this course?
- The general ability to conceptualise, design and realise a project for the generation of new knowledge
- It provides a more critical and rigorous exploration of your particular subject area.
- Guiding Students to obtaining ethical approval to realise research
- Proposed methodology and techniques for analysis
- Thins an opportunity to gain a significant grounding in research methods and Skills.
- A master’s degree transcript and certificate
- An Honours degree transcript and certificate
- Personal Statements
- Curriculum vitae
- Two academic references, preferably from your most recent degree
- Job Reference (2-3 Years managerial or professional experience)
- Submit a detailed research proposal of approximately 1,500 -2,000words
- Other Documents
Duration: 18-36 months full-time, 30-48 months part-time