Duration : 1-2 Years
Instructors: Master of Arts (MA)
Phone : 02079980227
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Arts (MA)
The Master of Arts (MA) is usually awarded to those on social sciences, arts and humanities (including philosophy and history), business, consulting and business management amongst a host of other subject areas. These are post-graduate degrees conferred by universities around the world. A master’s degree is an academic qualification awarded to individuals who successfully demonstrate a higher level of expertise in a particular field of study.
A Master of Arts can offer a number of diverse benefits ranging from enhanced career prospects to improved problem-solving and decision-making. The successful acquisition of a Masters demonstrates higher-level capacities.
Obtaining a Masters involves one year of full-time study or two to four years of part time study, acquiring thereby an internationally recognised and respected academic qualification. Courses normally begin in September or October, though some start in January or February.
To obtain a masters degree you need to have done enough work to add up to 180 credits in total, any less than this and you are not eligible for the award. Some are merely given a pass or fail, but commonly taught master’s degree grades are fail, pass, merit (or credit) and distinction. The boundaries for this are usually 50% for a pass, 60% for a merit and 70% for a distinction.
Key features of the course:
- To gain additional skills, knowledge and accreditation in their subject area.
- Gains the individual an advanced understanding of a particular subject.
- Master of Arts (MA) qualification enhances student employability and increases career opportunities. Employers value the range of skills acquired from a higher level of intensive learning.
- Students develop skills and gain experience that goes beyond a Masters degree and is fundamental to future career.
- Students benefit from excellence in teaching methods and the very best learning environments and materials.
- Students are expected to think and study independently, conduct more extensive background reading and bring ideas to seminars and tutorials for discussion and debate.
- Students will acquire research skills and are expected to show an extensive grasp of subject matter.
- A UK bachelor degree or equivalent
- Information about other Academic qualifications
- Information about employment history
- A personal statement and CV.
- All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS (UKVI) of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5.
- Art and Design
- Animation & Illustration
- Built Environment
- Business and Management
- Dance, Drama and Music
- Education & Learning
- Graphic Design & Photography
- Health and Social care
- Journalism and PR
- Nursing and Caring Professions
- Media, Film and Cultural Study
- Music and Theatre
- Social Science
- Tourism and Hospitality
Starting: January-April / June-August / October-November
Duration: 12 Months full-time, 18 Months full-time, 24 Months full-time.